Recipe: Pina Colada Cake
Summary: Pina Colada Pineapple Cake with Coconut . Fluffy and soft sponge cake Drizzled in rum, coconut milk and pineapple mousse with chunks of pineapple. Sprinkled with coconut, with an option of kid friendly too!
- Sponge Cake:
- • 7 eggs
- • 1 cup sugar
- • 1 cup cake flour
- • 1/3 cup potato flour (or all purpose flour)
- Mousse with pineapple:
- • 2 pineapples (or canned pineapple)
- • 2 tablespoons coconut liqueur
- • 2 flat tablespoons cornstarch
- Coconut cream:
- • one large can of coconut milk (400 ml)
- • 1/4 cup coconut liqueur
- • 1 cup sugar
- • 16 oz – 500 g mascarpone cheese
- • 8 oz – 250 g ricotta cheese (or cream cheese)
- • 6 – 9 tablespoons of rum (optional)
- • shredded coconut on the sides
- • leaves of pineapple (optional)
- Sponge Cake: High springform pan bottom with a diameter of about 24 – 27 cm baking parchment paper. Sides like not lubricate or spilling out. Sift flour with potato flour and mix. Preheat the oven to 340 F. (170 C. ). Separate the eggs. Proteins (eggs) beat on low speed mixer for 2 minutes until foaming. Gradually increasing speed blender add a spoonful of sugar (at short intervals ). Proteins still beat on high speed mixer for a few minutes until they are stiff and glossy. Still whisking add a spoonful of mixed egg yolks (add another portion of the previous gonna get a longer protein). Add sifted flour (preferably in 3 batches ) and stir them very gentle movements metal spoon or spatula with a tamped ground, trying not to destroy the compacted foam. Pour batter into the mold and place in preheated oven. Bake for about 35 minutes to dry stick. Immediately remove the sponge from the oven and energetically throw it on the counter. Allow to cool. When completely cooled, cut into 3 tops.
- Mousse with pineapple: carve out the flesh of the pineapple: unload and throw away the husk and resources. Keep the leaves for decoration. The flesh is cut into small cubes. Half a pineapple put into a saucepan, add the liqueur and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about half an hour or until the pineapple is tender ( for fresh pineapple a bit longer ). Mix mousse, add the remaining chopped pineapple, stir and bring to the boil again, after a minute of cooking, add the cornflour the distributed previously in a small amount of cold water. Bring to a boil and hold a minute on the fire until the mixture is thick like jam. Allow to cool before lining on the cake.
- Coconut cream: Pour the milk into a pot and coconut liqueur, add sugar and stir to heat until the sugar is dissolved. Cook over medium heat for about half an hour or longer, until the formation of a thick syrup in an amount not greater than 1 cup. Allow to cool. At the time of connecting with cream cheese to be slightly warm, it may be hot. Mascarpone cheese and ricotta a large bowl, gradually add the 1 tablespoon of slightly warm coconut syrup, stirring gently all the time.
- The first lower frame on top of sponge cake plate, drizzle with 2 – 3 tablespoons of rum, gently spread half the weight pineapple and 1/3 of the cream of coconut, put a second table top, drizzle with rum, pineapple put the rest mass (1 tablespoon to leave the sides) and cover half the remaining cream. Lay the latest top, drizzle with rum and cover with the rest of the cream. Part of cream and a spoon with pineapple weight smear the sides of the cake, but only enough to desiccated coconut easily stuck. The sides and the top sprinkle garnish with pineapple.
- Pineapple Cake – Coconut. Fluffy and soft sponge cake soaked in rum, the superior weight of coconut milk and pineapple mousse with chunks of pineapple. Sprinkled with coconut. There was such a person, which would not be tasted. Satisfy the needs of both younger and older ones who adhere to traditional cakes based on a fluffy sponge cake. The cake is easy to do and always works! I would recommend for home celebrations!
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Cooking time: 35 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 10 – 12
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of: Kwestia Smaku