Recipe: Classic Cucumber Salad
Summary: A classic refreshing cucumber salad that goes well anything.
- 1 cucumber, large size
- 1 tablespoon sour cream, light (or Greek Yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- The cucumber is peeled, washed, cut into thin, round slices and placed into a colander.
- Some sea salt is sprinkled on top and the cucumber is set aside for an hour and half.
- In a small bowl, 1 tablespoon of light sour cream is mixed with finely chopped onion, 1 teaspoon vinegar, chopped dill and sugar.
- Well blended, the sour cream mixture is refrigerated for an hour.
- When the time is up, the cucumber is rinsed under running water, drained and well dried with a paper towel.
- Transferred into a serving bowl, the cucumber is mixed with the sour cream dressing.
- The refreshing cucumber salad is ready to be served! Enjoy!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s) plus time to marinade
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of: Seforeceptai.lt