While keeping this cake rich and ultra-decadent; we were able to knock off around 300 calories from the original favorite. So feel free to make your slice a bit bigger, after all, you deserve it.
Recipe: Too Much Chocolate Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
- 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant sugar-free chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar-free applesauce
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate syrup for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate Top with as much chocolate syrup as you would like.