Recipe: A Tip Of The Cap Treats
Summary: These whimsical Tip of the Cap Treats are actually brownies in the shape of a mortarboard cap. Complete with tassels in school colors, they are impressive, and easy, too – sure to garner a grade of A+ from all in attendance.
- 1 package (about 16 oz.) brownie mix (8 x 8 in. size)
- Water, oil and eggs to make mix
- 1 package (14 oz.) Light or Dark Cocoa Candy Melts
- 24 pieces filled or solid chocolate square candy
- Colored Rolled Fondant, in school colors*
- 24 brown candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray Brownie Pop Mold with pan spray; place on cookie sheet.
- Prepare brownie mix following package instructions. Fill Brownie Pop Mold cavities 2/3 full; bake 25-35 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool in mold about 30 minutes. Carefully remove by applying gentle pressure to the bottom of the mold cavity while gently pulling away sides. Cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter. Trim brownies to 1 1/4 inch high.
- Place cooling grid over parchment-lined cookie pan. Melt candy following package instructions; cover brownies with melted candy and chill until firm. Attach chocolate squares with melted candy; let set. For tassels, roll out fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut into 1 1/4 x 1 1/2-inch strips; cut deep slits on one end for fringe. Brush uncut edge with water; roll to form tassel. Cut 1/8-inch strips for cord and attach to mortarboard with damp brush; attach tassel. Add chocolate pieces to top with melted candy; let set
* Substitute fruit leathers or taffy, rolled thin, for fondant.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 35 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 24
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Wilton.com