Recipe: Agave Glazed Carrots
Summary: Carrots with a light sweet glaze and some bright flavor that is so simple to do.
- 5 mediums sized carrots, peeled and sliced (2 cups)
- 1 tangerine, juiced (1/4 cup/seeds removed)
- 1 teaspoon zest from the tangerine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon blue agave nectar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley as optional garnish
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook at a simmer for 5 – 7 minutes, until the carrots are quite tender.
- Uncover and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the liquid has evaporated and the carrots are lightly glazed, remove from the heat.
- Taste carefully for salt and pepper (the sugar from the nectar can burn!)
- Serve immediately, or take off the heat, cover and set aside for a few minutes until ready to serve.