Recipe: Amish Macaroni Salad
Summary: What’s a potluck or a barbeque without at least one pasta salad. Along comes Amish macaroni salad to fill the bill. So, I took a chance. It was almost love at first bite.
- 1 lb macaroni (or small shells)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion (more if desired)
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper or green
- 6 hard-boiled eggs (reserve 1 to slice for garnish, and dice the remaining 5)
- paprika, for garnish
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Cook macaroni as directed on package; Drain & cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients so they are well-combined and smooth.
- In a large bowl, gently combine the macaroni, celery, carrots, onions, and remaining eggs. Fold the dressing gently into the macaroni salad mixture.
- Place into your serving bowl and garnish with the reserved slice egg and paprika. Let sit overnight for the best results.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Food for a Hungry Soul