Recipe: Antipasto Pasta Salad
Summary: It actually comes together quickly since it uses deli sliced meat and cheese it really cuts down on all the chopping…But more importantly everyone loves it!
- 2- 9 oz packages refrigerated three cheese tortellini
- 1- 10 oz package deli sliced Genoa salami, diced
- 1- 8 oz package deli sliced provolone, diced
- 1- 4.5 oz can chopped black olives
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1- 0.7 oz package Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tsp
- 3 tbs water
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to the package directions; drain. Toss the pasta with 1 tsp olive oil; let cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl whisk together the Italian dressing mix, red wine vinegar, the remaining olive oil, and water. In a large bowl combine the cooled tortellini, salami, cheese, olives, onion, and bell pepper.
- Pour the Italian dressing over the pasta and mix well. Season with black pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least a couple hours, but it tastes even better the next day. Serves 8
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of: Bo’s-bowl