Recipe: Apple Chicken Sausage Patties
Summary: These homemade sausage patties are lower in fat thanks to ground chicken, and more nutritious with apple!!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 green apple, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken breast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add butter and melt. Add apples and onions and season with a little salt, pepper and fennel seeds. Gently saute the mixture 5 minutes to soften and remove from heat to cool.
- Heat a griddle pan or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place chicken in a bowl and season with salt and pepper, poultry seasoning, allspice, paprika and a healthy drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. Add in the apples, onions and fennel and mix the sausage. Score meat into 4 sections and form 3 small, thin patties from each section, 2 1/2 inches across, 12 small patties total. Cook patties 3 to 4 minutes on each side and serve warm.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Foodnetwork.com