Recipe: Apple Mustard Pork Tenderloin
Summary: Tender medallions of pork tenderloin are sauteed and then a quick pan sauce is prepared with garlic, whole grain mustard, apple juice and chicken stock.
- 2 lbs Pork Tenderloin
- ¼ cup Apple Juice Concentrate
- 1¼ cup Chicken Stock
- 3 Tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
- 2 tsp Chopped Garlic, about 2 cloves
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Cut pork into 1/2 inch medallions. Over medium high heat, sear medallions in oil until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove to plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Saute garlic in pan drippings for 1 minute, stirring so it does not burn. Add chicken stock and stir to scrape up drippings and bits in pan (i.e. to deglaze the pan).
- Add apple juice concentrate and mustard. Stir, and then simmer over medium heat until reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Add pork back into sauce and heat through. Remove to serving platter and garnish with parsley.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Better Recipes