Recipe: Apricot Coconut Balls
Summary: Apricots are a delicious addition to any dessert tray, This recipe combines a tangy flavor with a sweet crunch.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- granulated sugar, as needed
- powdered sugar, as needed
- Place apricots and orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Take off heat and cover and steep for 10 minutes. Drain and reserve apricots.
- Place in food processor with coconut and nuts. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add zest and lemon juice.
- Shape mixture into balls about 3/4″ in diameter. Roll lightly in granulated sugar. If too moist, a little powdered sugar may be worked in. If mixture seems dry, add a little orange juice.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe adapted from: RightatHome.com