Recipe: Asiago Tortellini
Summary: When boiling water for the pasta, start with hot tap water and cover the pot with a lid. This is a surefire way to speed up your cook time. Serve this pasta dish with Black Pepper–Garlic Flatbread to soak up the basil-infused broth.
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh three-cheese tortellini
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved fresh Asiago cheese
- Basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- While pasta cooks, combine broth and tomato in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in basil. Cover and let broth mixture stand until pasta is done. Add drained pasta to broth mixture. Ladle soup into shallow bowls; sprinkle each serving with cheese. Garnish with basil leaves and pepper, if desired.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 13 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: MyRecipes.com