Recipe: Asian Cashew Chicken Salad
Summary: This satisfying salad is crunchy, nutty and sweet all at the same time.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Cool. In a large salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add dressing and toss to coat.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 2 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: TasteofHome.com