Recipe: Asian Marmalade Chicken
- 8 pieces cut up organic chicken on the bone (I used half drumsticks, half thighs)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 T fresh ginger, chopped
- 2/3 cup marmalade
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 T fish sauce
- 1/2 T sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 T hoisin sauce
- 1 to 2 T sriracha (we did about 1 1/2 and it was pretty mild)
- 2 T honey
- 1 T white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
- Mix marinade ingredients together, buzzing in a food processor or with an immersion blender until evenly blended. Put chicken in a gallon-sized resealable bag and toss with marinade, then let marinate in fridge 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place chicken in large baking or roasting pan, then pour remaining marinade on top. (I lined the pan with foil first to ease cleanup.) Roast 30 minutes, then turn carefully with tongs, spooning liquid from around chicken on top of the pieces. Roast another 20 minutes, then turn again.
- Continue roasting 15 minutes or until done. (Use an instant thermometer to determine doneness.)
Number of servings (yield): 3