Summary: Avocados are a staple of Mexican cuisine, and their versatility and easy-to-use nature make them a fantastic addition to any Cinco de Mayo party. It is important to choose the freshest avocados for these party snacks. To spot a ripe avocado, one looks for a green-black pebbly skin that yields to gentle pressure when squeezed.
- 2 Hass Avocados from Mexico
- 1/2 cup of fresh chorizo, cooked through
- 1/2 cup of pepper jack cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits
- In a small bowl, mix the avocado, chorizo, cheese, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay one biscuit on a clean work surface and roll out until about double in size. Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of the avocado mixture in the center of the circle and fold the dough over the top to enclose the mixture. It should create a semi-circle. Seal the edges with a fork and place on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining biscuits. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 10
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Food Channel