Recipe: Avocado Mango Salad with Grilled Shrimp
- 2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 Hass avocados, pitted, peeled & cubed
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- Lime wedges, for serving
- 1 mango, peeled and finely diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 Scotch bonnet or habanero chile, seeded & diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat gas grill to high.
- Make the dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients (except oil) in a blender and blend until smooth. While blender is running, remove lid and pour in oil in a steady stream. Continue blending for several seconds, then remove and set aside.
- Prepare the shrimp: Rinse shrimp and pat dry with a papertowel. Add about 1/3 cup of dressing and toss to coat. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes. String onto wooden or metal skewars for grilling. Grill over high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from grill, let cool, them remove from skewars.
- In a large bowl, combine mango, avocado and grilled shrimp. Add dressing to taste; toss lightly and serve.