Recipe: Bacon and Cheese Bread Bowls
Summary: This is very good and cheesy! I sometimes use ham if I don’t have bacon, chopped fine.
- 6 small rolls. Example Ciabatta Bread
- 4 oz. ham or bacon in small cubes
- 4 oz. cream cheese type philadelphia
- 4 oz. grated Gruyere cheese or cheese you like most.
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of ground pepper
- basil leaves (optional)
ie use larger rolls just have to increase the amount of filling.
- Preheat oven to 350 º F
- Empty the center of the rolls for the top.
- While keeping stirring the eggs with a little salt and pepper, add the grated cheese, cream cheese and ham or bacon, add some chopped basil.
- Place all rolls into a mold, fill with the mixture generously and bake 10-15 minutes. until set the filling and lightly browned on top.
- Eating well to appreciate hot crusty bread texture and creaminess of the filling.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6