Recipe: Bacon Breakfast Cupcakes
Summary: Cupcakes for breakfast? Absolutely, when they’re these savory ones with all your fave breakfast goodies tucked inside!
- 1 bag (20 ounces) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes (thawed)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup crumbled crisply cooked bacon
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- Sriracha sauce (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place foil liner in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups. Generously spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix potatoes, oil, salt and pepper. Divide evenly among cups; press lightly.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until golden brown.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in bacon and cheese. Firmly press potatoes in muffin cups with bottom of 1/4-cup dry measuring cup. Top each with slightly less than 1/4 cup egg mixture.
- Bake 13 to 16 minutes or until knife inserted in center of egg comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Serve with sauce.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Tablespoon.com