Recipe: Baja Fish Tacos
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 pound mahi mahi or other firm white fish fillets
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning
- 2 cups presliced green cabbage (about 6 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream, divided (optional)
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and diced
- Bottled salsa
- Lime wedges
- Lightly spray grill rack with nonstick cooking spray, and preheat grill.
- Sprinkle both sides of fish with fajita seasoning, gently pressing into flesh. Grill fish 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Flake into pieces with a fork; keep warm.
- In a small bowl, mix together cabbage, lime juice, salt, and cilantro.
- Wrap the tortillas in paper towels, and microwave 1 minute on HIGH or until they’re warm.
- Place taco ingredients on the table for assembly. Spread each tortilla with 1 teaspoon of sour cream, if desired, and top with fish, cabbage mixture, and avocado. Serve with salsa and lime wedges on the side.