Recipe: Baked Pancake Muffins
Summary: A great make-ahead recipe for easy snacking, breakfast on the go, or packed with a side of maple syrup, these muffins are ideal for school lunches. Customize the add-ins to suit your family’s tastes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pancake topping (see below)
- 2 apples, coarsely grated (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Toss apples and 1/4-tsp cinnamon together and divide equally among muffin cups, spooned over batter.
- In a clean bowl, combine remaining 1/4-tsp cinnamon with flour, brown sugar and butter. Use a fork or a pastry blender to mix until mixture resembles a coarse crumb. Sprinkle over top of apple mixture.
Chef’s Tip: Store-bought pancake mix can also be used. Try to make a slightly thicker batter for best results.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe for lots more toppings see: Canadianfamily.ca