Recipe: Baked Tacos Recipe
Summary: I never thought about baking tacos in the oven before but it makes perfect sense. I really enjoyed how everything was warm and the cheese was melted.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 teaspoons dried minced onion (or dice small onion)
- 3 teaspoons chili powder (or prepared taco seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (omit if using prepared taco sauce)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (or prepared taco sauce)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded Colby-jack cheese
- 18-20 hard taco shells
- Optional Condiments-
- lettuce (shredded)
- tomato (diced)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl combine dried minced onion, chili powder, cornstarch, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain off any excess liquid. Add refried beans, tomato sauce, and prepared taco seasoning. Mix well.
- Spoon the taco meat mixture into the taco shells and place into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, standing up. Sprinkle cheese over the top of the taco meat in each shell. Place into the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tacos are heated through. Remove from the oven and top with any optional condiments for serving.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 12 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: Blogchef.net