Recipe: Banana Split Cheesecake
Summary: This cheesecake has everything… Banana, chocolate, pineapple and strawberry are just a few of the flavors that stand out in this dessert reminiscent of your all-time favorite ice cream sundae.
- 1 cup packaged chocolate cookie crumbs (such as Oreo)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
- Cooking spray
- 3 (8-ounce) blocks fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) carton low-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canned crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1/3 cup strawberry sundae syrup
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 16 maraschino cherries, drained
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- To prepare crust, combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl; toss with a fork until moist. Press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- To prepare filling, beat cheeses and sour cream at high speed of a mixer until smooth. Add 1 1/2 cups sugar, banana, flour, and vanilla; beat well. Add eggs, 1 at a time; beat well after each addition.
- Pour cheese mixture into prepared pan; bake at 325° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until almost set. Cheesecake is done when the center barely moves when pan is touched. Remove cheesecake from oven; run a knife around outside edge. Cool cheesecake to room temperature. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours. Top each serving with 1 teaspoon pineapple, 1 teaspoon strawberry syrup, 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup, 3/4 teaspoon pecans, and 1 cherry.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: MyRecipes.com