Recipe: Beef and Mushroom Pot Pie
Summary: This is one of my family’s favorite dishes. Nothing is as satisfying as a hearty slice of this mouthwatering potpie.
- Mazola Pure Cooking Spray
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann’s RapidRise Yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water (very warm 120-130°F)
- 1/4 cup corn OR canola oil
- (optional frozen pie crust )
- Beef Filling
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped red and green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- 1 package mushroom gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups (8 oz) cooked roast beef, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- MIX batter ingredients together in a pre-sprayed 8×8-inch baking dish; set aside. Melt butter in a large skillet and sauté mushrooms and bell peppers 1 to 2 minutes. Add sherry. Stir in gravy mix and water, heat until boiling and thickened. Remove from heat and add beef.
- TOP batter evenly with beef filling. Sprinkle with parsley.
- BAKE by placing in a COLD oven; set temperature to 350°F. Bake for 30 minutes, or until done.
All-purpose flour may be substituted for whole wheat flour. Also, if desired, batter may be mixed in a separate bowl. Proceed as directed above.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Fleischmann’s