Summary: This scrumptious salad with a colorful display of dark-red beets on a mountain of mixed greens and fresh herbs is perfect. A sprinkling of fatty-acid-rich walnuts, which are thought to boost sex hormones, and crumbled goat cheese add tasty accents to the easy recipe.
- 4 cup(s) lettuce, mixed greens
- 4 tablespoon vinaigrette, balsamic, fat-free, or fat-free balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 can(s) beets, (8 1/4 ounces) chilled (or roast fresh beets)
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh, snipped, or flat-leaf parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, black
- 2 tablespoon nuts, walnuts, coarsely chopped, toasted
- 1 ounce(s) cheese, goat cheese, crumbled
- Arrange salad greens on a small serving platter; drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the salad dressing. Set aside.
- Drain and cut up beets. In a medium bowl, combine cut-up beets, basil or parsley, and pepper. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons salad dressing; toss to coat.
- Spoon beet mixture onto center of salad greens. Sprinkle beets with walnuts and goat cheese.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Everyday Health