Summary: This morning I made these healthy blackberry smoothies and added some cherry juice and vanilla yogurt for creaminess. I added 2 tablespoons hemp seed oil to the recipe so we’d have our omega-3′s for today. Flax seed oil would be another great healthy oil that isn’t as expensive, and would make a great addition to a fruity smoothie.
- 2 cups, or 16 oz fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon blackberry preserves
- 1 cup cherry juice
- 2 tablespoons flax seed or hemp oil (optional)
- a few ice cubes
- Combine fruit, yogurt, jam, milk and lime juice in a blender.
- Add ice and blend on high until smooth.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Babble.com