Recipe: Bobby Flays Sauteed Kale
Summary: Kale is so good for you they tell you not to eat it if your on blood thinner medication, so why not start eating now and not have to worry about being prescribed the meds later!!
- 1 1/2 pounds young kale, stems and leaves coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water (make your own by boiling diced onion, leeks or the white parts of green onions)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until soft, but not colored. Raise heat to high, add the stock and kale and toss to combine. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring until all the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add vinegar.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe adapted from Foodnetwork.com