Recipe: Breakfast Pizza
Summary: Make a light version of breakfast pizza with turkey sausage, reduced-fat cheese and shredded potatoes. It’s a great choice for breakfast or brunch.
- 1 (8-ounce) can reduced-fat refrigerated crescent dinner roll dough
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) carton egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Separate dough into triangles. Press triangles together to form a single round crust on a 12-inch pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim.
- Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain.
- Top prepared dough with sausage, potatoes, and cheese. Combine milk, salt, pepper, and egg substitute, stirring with a whisk. Carefully pour milk mixture over sausage mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until crust is browned.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Myrecipes.com