Recipe: Bunny Cream Puffs
Summary: These delightful bunny cream puffs will make young and old smile. They taste great too!
- Cream Puffs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes Butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 Land O Lakes All-Natural Eggs
- 1 (3.3-ounce) package white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Large marshmallows
- Decorator sugar
- Vanilla-flavored candy-coating (almond bark), melted
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Black string licorice, cut into thin 3/4-inch strips
- Small round pink candies, such as mini candy-covered chocolate pieces
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine water and butter in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat 4-7 minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil. Reduce heat to low; stir in flour vigorously until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a ball. Remove from heat. Beat in 1 egg at a time until mixture is smooth.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls, 3 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake 35-40 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Pierce each puff gently with fork to allow steam to escape. Cool completely.
- Prepare pudding mix, using 1 1/4 cups milk, as directed on package. After pudding is set, gently stir in whipped cream. Cover; refrigerate up to 4 hours or until serving time.
- To create bunnies, cut off cream puff tops. Cut large marshmallows crosswise into 3 pieces. Dip cut-sides into decorator sugar for ears. Using toothpicks, attach sugared marshmallows into top of cream puff for ears. Use melted candy coating to attach chocolate chips for eyes.
- Just before serving, fill bottom half of cream puff with 1/3 cup filling. Press licorice strips for whiskers and pink candies for nose into filling. Place decorated cream puff top over filling. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Remove toothpicks from ears before serving. -In place of toothpicks, bunny ears can also be attached to cream puff using additional melted candy coating. Hold marshmallow ears in place a few seconds until set.
Preparation time: 1 hour
Number of servings (yield): 12
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Land O Lakes