Summary: The combination of banana pancakes and pomegranate syrup is a healthy way to start your morning.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1-ounce) package uncooked instant farina (such as Cream of Wheat)
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- To prepare pancakes, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and the next 6 ingredients (through farina) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Combine buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and egg; add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Fold in banana.
- Spoon 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto a hot nonstick griddle. Turn when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- To prepare syrup, combine 1/2 cup juice and syrup in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Combine 2 tablespoons juice and cornstarch in a bowl; add to pan. Cook 1 minute or until thickened; remove from heat. Serve with pancakes.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: CookingLight.com