Summary: This recipe is a good choice for any season of the year. It’s a well-seasoned warm potato salad with a little bacon, andouille sausage, and a simple dressing.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 ounces andouille sausages or hot links, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 pounds red-skinned potatoes, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausages; sauté until brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels and drain.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add potatoes; cook just until tender, stirring occasionally, about 9 minutes. Drain well. Whisk vinegar, pepper sauce and mustard in large bowl. Transfer warm potatoes to bowl with vinegar mixture and gently toss. Gently mix in sausages, bell pepper, celery, green onions and 1/4 cup oil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: epicurious.com