Recipe: Cajun Salmon Cakes
Summary: You’ll love this quick, meatless meal with just the right amount of heat. Great in sandwiches!
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Cajun/Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) skinless, boneless pink salmon, drained
- 1/2 cup saltine cracker crumbs (about 10 to 15 crackers)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In large bowl, combine egg, mayonnaise, seasoning, and parsley. Add salmon, cracker crumbs, onion, and bell pepper; stir until evenly moistened. Let mixture stand 10 minutes. Shape salmon into 6 cakes. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add salmon cakes, flattening slightly with back of pancake turner. Cook until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
Number of servings (yield): 6