Recipe: Cake Batter Rice Krispies Recipe
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of mini-marshmallows
- 1/3 cup yellow cake mix (do not prepare the mix, we will be using the powder)
- 5 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 (1.75 oz.) container of sprinkles
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows.
- Stir until marshmallows begin to melt, adding in (dry) cake mix one spoonful at a time so its combined.
- Stir in cereal so it is completely coated with marshmallow mixture. Add half of the sprinkles and mix. Press into a baking dish (any size will do) and top with remaining sprinkles.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes before cutting. Spray a knife with nonstick spray,it will help to cut them cleanly.