Recipe: California Tortilla Pizzas
Summary: What a great lunch to treat everyone on a summer afternoon, tweens have friends over they can make this to impress their friends, way better than microwave pizza!
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and green pepper until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Place tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with onion mixture, oregano, garlic powder, tomato, and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes. Cut each pizza into four wedges.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Cookingfor.net