If the title of this dessert recipe doesn’t send you running for the kitchen, then you need to read it again. We’ve packed all your favorite desserts into one must-try indulgence. Cheesecake, brownies, and caramel apples. What more could you want?
Caramel Apple-Brownie Cheesecake
If the title of this dessert recipe doesn’t send you running for the kitchen, then you need to read it again. We’ve packed all your favorite desserts into one must-try indulgence.
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 (8–oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced Granny Smith apples
Caramel Apple Topping
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 5 large Granny Smith apples (about 2 1/2 lb.), peeled and cut into 1/2–inch-thick wedges
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Reduce oven temperature to 325°. Sprinkle pecans over bottom of a greased and floured shiny 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until blended and smooth. Add 3 eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Whisk together brown sugar, melted butter, and remaining egg in a large bowl until blended.
- Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients; add to brown sugar mixture, and stir until blended. Stir in apples. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Carefully spoon cream cheese mixture over batter.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until set. Remove from oven, and gently run a knife around outer edge of cheesecake to loosen from sides of pan. (Do not remove sides of pan.) Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 2 hours). Transfer to a serving plate.
- Meanwhile, prepare Caramel Apple Topping and Caramel Sauce. Reserve 1 cup Caramel Sauce for another use. Spoon topping over cheesecake; drizzle with 1/2 cup Caramel Sauce.
Caramel Apple Topping
- Bring brown sugar, butter, whipping cream, and honey to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; boil, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool 15 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week. To reheat, microwave at HIGH 10 to 15 seconds or just until warm; stir until smooth.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add sugar and lemon juice, and cook, stirring constantly with a long-handled wooden spoon, 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture turns a light golden brown. Add apple wedges. Cook, stirring often, 15 to 18 more minutes or until apples are tender and caramelized. Remove from heat; cool 20 minutes.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: SouthernLiving.com