Recipe: Caramel Nutella Crisps
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups Nutella
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Milk Duds (approximately 10 ounces)
- Additional granulated sugar for coating cookies (about 1/2 cup)
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, Nutella, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture. Cover the dough and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Scoop out rounded tablespoons of the cookie dough, and press a Milk Dud into the center of each. Roll into a ball, and toss in the extra sugar, coating the outside of the cookie dough. Place on an un-greased baking sheet, leaving about two inches in between cookies.
- Bake for about 9-10 minutes (be careful not to over-bake, or the cookies will not be as soft and chewy). Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely (if you can resist eating them for that long!).