Recipe: Catfish BLTs
Summary: BLTs with a twist! Crispy sweet catfish and a lemon mayo are added to this all-time classic and served as a sub sandwich.
- 4 Sea Best Catfish Fillets, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 sub rolls, cut in half
- 8 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- 8 slices Roma tomato
- 8 bacon strips, cooked
- Season Sea Best Catfish Fillets on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Cook catfish for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and lemon juice; spread on sub rolls.
- Top with catfish, lettuce, tomato and bacon.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: Seabest.com