Gluten Free, Grain Free Cheesy Garlic Cauliflower Cheese Sticks. Everyone loves these, great if you’re craving garlic bread but trying to save on those extra calories.
Cauliflower Cheese Sticks
Cheesy Garlic Cauliflower Cheese Sticks. Everyone loves these, great if you’re craving garlic bread but trying to save on those extra calories.
- 1/4 of a large head of cauliflower, “riced“
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg (white), lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning, divided
- Marinara Sauce for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray.
- To “rice” the cauliflower, use your cheese grater (or food processor). When you’re done, you should have about 1.5 cups lightly packed. Place the riced cauliflower into a microwavable bowl and microwave until softened, about 5 minutes depending on your microwave (no need to add any water, drain).
- While that is cooking, heat the oil in a small skillet over low heat and add your garlic until softened. When your cauliflower is softened, add the garlic mixture, lightly beaten egg white, Italian seasonings, and 3/4 of the mozzarella. Stir and mix well, then spread onto your prepared pan.
- Bake until they start to turn golden brown; about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip the loaf over so the bottom side is now on top and add the remaining cheese and a sprinkle more of the Italian herb seasoning. Bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Cool (until they harden slightly) and cut into pieces and serve hot or warm. Heat up marinara sauce and serve
Recipe adapted from: trainingandbootcamp.com