Summary: This spicy cheese appetizer, a cross between jalapeño poppers and pigs in blankets, is sure to perk up your party!
- 12 fresh jalapeño peppers
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Cut a slit lengthwise down the middle of each jalapeño pepper. Use the tip of the knife to remove the core and the seeds. (Leave some seeds in the pepper for a hotter app; the fewer seeds. the milder it will be.)
- Combine the cream cheese and cheddar cheese in a small bowl.
- Using a table knife, stuff each pepper with the cheese mixture.
- Open the tube of crescent rolls. Cut each triangle in half.
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeño with a piece of crescent roll and place on a foil-lined cookie sheet. (You’ll have a few pieces of crescent roll left over — simply roll them and bake them on the same sheet.)
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the pastry turns golden and the peppers start to wrinkle slightly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Turn into pig in a jalapeño blanket, put little sausage inside.
The seeds and juices of the raw jalapeño can irritate your skin. If your skin is sensitive, wear plastic gloves when cutting and handling the uncooked peppers.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Recipe adapted and photo from Celebrations.com