Summary: If you need a quick recipe for dinner to get out of a jam try this Cheeseburger Pasta Recipe. This recipe has very little prep or cooking time-you can have dinner on the table in a half an hour. The flavors blend well together and it is a very good dish for a simple recipe. I can think of a lot of ingredients I could add to this recipe to make it better, but I prepared the recipe as written and we enjoyed it. So if you need something quick, change it up a little bit, or prepare it as is; either way this Cheeseburger Pasta Recipe is a good and quick supper.
Recipe: Cheeseburger Pasta
- 1 cup Penne pasta or elbow macaroni
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with seasoning (Basil, Garlic, and Oregano 14.5 ounces undrained)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking brown the burger and unions until burger is no longer pink inside, and drain if needed.
- Add the undrained tomatoes and ketchup to the burger and salt and pepper to taste. Then mix in the pasta. Cook until heated through.
- Serve hot topped with cheese.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe adapted from and photo courtesy of: Cullys Kitchen