Summary: This satisfying breakfast recipe is family friendly and full of taste! Great for those mornings when you’re eating on the run. One Cheesy Southwest Egg Bake Muffin is the perfect breakfast. Make up a few and freeze to have on hand.
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits
- 1 package (12 oz) bulk chorizo or spicy pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped bell pepper (any color)
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups shredded pepper Jack or Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For instructions please visit: Spoonful
This recipe can also be made in a cast-iron skillet. Don’t have an ovenproof skillet? Bake in a greased or sprayed 13×9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until egg mixture is set and crust is deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Chorizo, a coarsely ground pork sausage highly seasoned with garlic, chili powder and other spices, is widely used in Mexican and Spanish cooking. Spicy pork sausage can be used in this recipe instead of the chorizo.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4