Summary: It’s like a classic spinach salad wrapped up in flaky pastry–a great appetizer for any occasion. Also, good to save for leftover chicken or turkey!
- 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Cook spinach in microwave as directed on box. Drain spinach in strainer; cool 5 minutes. Carefully squeeze with paper towel to drain well.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach, bacon, chicken, cheese and mayonnaise.
- Unroll dough on work surface. Spread spinach mixture on rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edges. Starting at long side of rectangle, roll up; seal long edge. With serrated knife, cut into 20 slices. Place cut side down on cookie sheet. Brush with egg.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations is a flaky dough sheet with no seams, the perfect start for recipes, with the same great taste and texture as original crescents.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 20
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: BettyCrocker.com