Recipe: Cheesy Hashbrown Skillet Dinner
Summary: This 30-minute skillet dinner made with beef, potatoes,cheese, onions and tomatoes is incredibly easy and very satisfying.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) Italian seasoned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Crystal Farms Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet cook ground beef and onion until browned. Stir in Simply Potatoes and mushrooms. Spread into an even layer; press down lightly with spatula. Cook 6 to 7 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Turn Simply Potatoes mixture over with spatula in sections. Continue cooking 6 to 8 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and tender, turning again if necessary. Add tomatoes and salt. Cook until tomatoes are heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; cook until cheese is melted.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe adapted from http://www.simplypotatoes.com/