Recipe: Cherry Cheesecake Tarts
Summary: These little cheesecakes are fantastic. Not only that, but they’re laughably easy to make. You’ve absolutely got to try them !
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 12 vanilla wafers
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling or other pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a cupcake pan with baking cups.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer or with a handheld mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla and beat well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Place a vanilla wafer, flat side down, in each cupcake cup. Scoop cream cheese mixture over wafers.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until set. The cheesecake will puff up considerably in the oven. Don’t worry; they’ll fall as they cool, leaving room for that cherry filling.
- After tarts have cooled, spoon cherry filling over the top of each one.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Sloblogs.TheTribunenews.com