Summary: This cherry ice cream pie is a simple summertime sweet treat! If you use frozen cherries, the pie will have a fun purple hue.
- 3 cups reduced-fat “light” vanilla ice cream, softened or frozen yogurt
- 11/4 cups chopped pitted fresh or frozen cherries, divided
- 1 9-inch chocolate-cookie pie crust
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Gently combine ice cream and 1 cup cherries in a large bowl.
- Transfer to the crust and garnish with the remaining 1/4 cup cherries and chocolate chips. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Eating Well