Recipe: Cherry Pound Cake Parfait
Summary: This delicious treat adds layers of color and flavor to the dessert table.
- 1 (16 ounces) package Sara Lee Frozen Pound Cake
- 1 (21 ounces) can cherry or blueberry pie filling
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream softened
- Trim edges of pound cake and cut into ½-inch cubes.
- Layer pound cake, pie filling and ice cream alternately in 8 parfait glasses or custard cups.
- Serve immediately.
Seasonal Tip: For a patriotic twist alternate cherry and blueberry pie filling.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: SaraleeDesserts.com