Recipe: Chicken and Broccoli Noodle Casserole
Summary: Broccoli is a favorite vegetable in our home. This is one dish that always gets rave reviews. Serve it for a brunch or dinner.
- 6 oz Ronzoni Smart taste noodles (or noodles of your choice)
- 2 tsp oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 12 oz fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 can fat free chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 12 oz cooked shredded chicken breast
- 4 oz shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar
- cooking spray
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles in salted water until al dente, or slightly undercooked by 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add shallot and cook on medium heat until golden, about 1 minute. Add garlic and the broccoli and a little salt, sauté and cover the broccoli for about 3 minutes on medium heat until the broccoli begins to soften. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Lightly spray a 9 x 12 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In the prepared casserole dish, mix the cooked pasta, cooked chicken, chicken broth, soup, milk, broccoli, Top with cheese. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly brown.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4