Summary: If you’re looking for something sweet and savory, try Chicken and Sweet Potato Egg Nests. This recipe combines tender chicken and creamy mustard into sweet potato cups for a bite-sized treat that will have guests coming back for more.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Boar’s Head Delicatessen Style Mustard
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Boar’s Head EverRoast Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon thyme, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook onion until soft and golden.
- Mix shredded sweet potatoes with sautéed onions and mustard. Mold mixture into separate cups in a muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until crisp; cool in the pan. (This can be done a day ahead of time. Cover the cooled cups and wrap in plastic; refrigerate.)
- Scramble eggs with chicken, and when cooked, evenly divide among the sweet potato cups. Top with thyme and serve.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 35 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: Boarshead.com