It is simple to make, can be gluten-free and also easy to adapt to be vegan. Oh, and it’s also CRAZY good.
Chicken Enchilada Casserole aka Stacked Chicken Enchiladas
It is simple to make, can be gluten-free and also easy to adapt to be vegan. Oh, and it's also CRAZY good.
- 3 cups red enchilada sauce (I highly recommend my homemade red enchilada sauce recipe)
- 16 corn tortillas, halved
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 6 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 4 cups (about 1.5 pounds) shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cups shredded Monterrey Jack or Mexican blend cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup loosely-packed chopped fresh cilantro