Recipe: Chicken Lime Taquitos
Summary: These are absolutely to die for!!! They are not your ordinary taquitos.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 cup oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (or your preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (or 3 garlic cloves)
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup pasilla chile, julienned (or 6 oz can green chiles)
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, julienned
- 1/3 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 18 corn tortillas
- oil (for frying)
- Combine first 5 ingredients for marinade.
- Marinate chicken in mixture for at least 2 hours.
- Drain chicken well and grill (I use stove top grill) until done. Allow to cool and shred into 1/8 inch by 3 inch pieces.
- Place chicken in bowl and sprinkle with salt and minced garlic. Mix well.
- Add red pepper, pasilla, onion, cheese and 1/2 ounce lime juice. Mix thoroughly.
- To assemble, warm tortilla on griddle until soft and pliable. If necessary, add a little oil to the pan to help soften the tortillas.
- Spoon 2 ounces of chicken filling over tortilla and roll tightly, securing with toothpick.
- Deep-fry in oil at 350ºF for 2 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain well.
- Serve with guacamole, sour cream, and or salsa.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe adapted from deep-fried.food