Recipe: Chicken Marbella Slow Cooker
Summary: A taste of the Mediterranean in one delicious slow cook chicken dish. This is a classic Chicken Marbella recipe.
- 1/3 cup(s) dry white wine
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 3 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) capers
- 1/2 cup(s) prunes or (plums)
- 1/3 cup(s) pitted garlic stuffed green olives
- 1 package bone in drumsticks and chicken thighs (2.34 lbs)
- In a 5- to 6-qt slow cooker, whisk together the wine, brown sugar, oregano, 2 Tbsp of the vinegar, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Add the garlic, capers, prunes and olives and mix to combine.
- Add the chicken, nestling it among the olives and prunes. Cover and cook until the meat is tender and cooked through, on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours; gently stir in the remaining Tbsp vinegar.
Recipe called for 1/3 cup of green olives and 6 cloves of garlic, but I substituted garlic olives from the supermarket olive bar.
You could also cook in the oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees till internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 3 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Spark People