Recipe: Chili’s Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Chicken base
- 3 cups diced Yellow Onions
- 2 tsp. ground Cumin
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 2 tsp. granulated Garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 2 cups Masa Harina
- 4 quarts Water (divided)
- 2 cups crushed Tomatoes
- 1/2 lb. processed American cheese, cut in small cube
- 3 lb. cooked, cubed chicken
- In large pot, place oil, chicken base, onion and spices. Sauté until onions are soft and clear, about 5 minutes
- In another container, combine Masa Harina with 1 quart water.
- Stir until all lumps dissolve. Add to sautéed onions, bring to boil. Once mixture starts to bubble, continue cooking 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. This will eliminate any raw taste from Masa harina. Add remaining 3 quarts water to pot. Add tomatoes; let mixture return to boil stirring occasionally. Add cheese to soup.
- Cook stirring occasionally, until cheese melts. Add chicken; heat through.